He was previously the representative for Pennsylvania’s 8th congressional district as a Republican from 2017 to 2018.
Read our 2018 Report Card for Fitzpatrick.
Fitzpatrick is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Fitzpatrick has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Nov 12, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Brian Fitzpatrick sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Europe, Eurasia, Energy, and the Environment
- Member, Subcommittee on Middle East, North Africa, and International Terrorism
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Fitzpatrick sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Fitzpatrick’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4563: Restoring Enforcement Standards to Track Opioids Responsively and Effectively Act of 2019
- H.R. 4520: Modernizing America with Rebuilding to Kickstart the Economy of the Twenty-first Century with ...
- H.R. 4443: Fair Wage Act of 2019
- H.R. 4429: Fairness to Kids with Cancer Act of 2019
- H.Res. 525: Calling for the designation of Antifa as a domestic terrorist organization.
- H.R. 4025: Mental Health in Schools Excellence Program Act of 2019
- H.R. 2915: Medical Device Guardians Act
From Jan 2017 to Nov 2019, Fitzpatrick missed 4 of 1,824 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: