2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Schatz »
Our unique analysis of the bills Schatz has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Schatz is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Brian Schatz sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Member, Subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Select Committee on Ethics
Schatz sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (16%) Health (16%) Energy (16%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (13%) Armed Forces and National Security (13%) Transportation and Public Works (9%) Native Americans (9%) Education (9%)
Some of Schatz’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3003: A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to deem certain service ...
- S. 2996: A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to phase out ...
- S. 2852: OPEN Government Data Act
- S.Res. 416: A resolution recognizing the contributions of Hawaii to the culinary heritage of the ...
- S. 2699: FAIR Act
- S. 2678: Safe Treatments and Opportunities to Prevent Pain Act
- S. 2536: A bill to require the Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration to issue ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Dec 2012 to May 2016, Schatz missed 53 of 1,104 roll call votes, which is 4.8%. This is much worse than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: