Our unique analysis of the bills Braley sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Braley is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2014 Report Card for Braley for more statistics.
Braley sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Braley’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5560 (113th): Helping College Students Cross the Finish Line Act
- H.R. 5509 (113th): College Tuition and Debt Relief Act of 2014
- H.R. 5453 (113th): To authorize health insurance issuers to continue to offer for sale current ...
- H.R. 5123 (113th): Country-of-Origin Labeling for Fuels Act
- H.R. 4964 (113th): Seniors’ Access to Social Security Act of 2014
- H.R. 4595 (113th): School Bus Safety Act
- H.R. 4422 (113th): Veterans’ Job Corps Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2014, Braley missed 313 of 6,341 roll call votes, which is 4.9%. This is much worse than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. ProPublica has tracked 143 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: