Caputo was the representative for New York’s 23rd congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1977 to 1978.
Caputo is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1978 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Caputo sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Caputo sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Caputo’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 14221 (95th): A bill to direct the Secretary of Transportation to conduct a study ...
- H.R. 12610 (95th): A bill for the relief of Mary Jo Natividad and Regina Natividad.
- H.R. 11585 (95th): A bill to provide that the United States District Court for the ...
- H.R. 9719 (95th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to provide ...
- H.R. 8825 (95th): A bill to amend the Export-Import Bank Act of 1945 to eliminate ...
- H.R. 8679 (95th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to provide ...
- H.R. 8680 (95th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to provide ...
From Jan 1977 to Oct 1978, Caputo missed 291 of 1,540 roll call votes, which is 18.9%. This is much worse than the median of 8.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills