Our unique analysis of the bills Poliquin has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Poliquin is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Poliquin for more statistics.
Bruce Poliquin sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
Poliquin sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Poliquin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6218: To clarify the boundary of Acadia National Park, and for other purposes.
- H.Res. 839: Encouraging the people of the United States to observe “National Lobster Day”.
- H.R. 5925: Food Stamp Integrity Act of 2016
- H.R. 5800: Hold Top Officials Accountable Act
- H.R. 5464: To provide that certain project works on the St. Croix River, Maine, are ...
- H.R. 5461: Iranian Leadership Asset Transparency Act
- H.R. 5186: Help All Americans Save for College Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2016, Poliquin missed 6 of 1,277 roll call votes, which is 0.5%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: