Westerman, a Republican, is the representative for Arkansas's 4th congressional district (view map) and has served since Jan 6, 2015. Westerman is next up for reelection in 2018.
Read our 2016 Report Card for Westerman.
Westerman is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Westerman has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Bruce Westerman sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Natural Resources
- House Committee on the Budget
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Westerman was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 3931 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 620 Central Avenue Suite 1A in Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas, as the “Chief Petty ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Westerman sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Westerman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4395: Geospatial Data Act of 2017
- H.R. 3522: Geospatial Data Act of 2017
- H.R. 2936: Resilient Federal Forests Act of 2017
- H.J.Res. 82: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, ...
- H.R. 6294 (114th): Geospatial Data Act of 2016
- H.R. 3931 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 3609 (114th): To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to modify requirements ...
|Westerman’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5602: To amend title 31, United States Code, to authorize the Secretary of the Treasury to include all funds when issuing certain geographic targeting orders, and for ...
Jul 11, 2016. Passed 356/47.
H.R. 6: 21st Century Cures Act
Jul 10, 2015. Passed 344/77.
The 21st Century Cures Act is a bipartisan bill that would reform the current standards and appropriations for biomedical research, provide $1.75 billion annually for the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and $110 million for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This funding would end ...
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
From Jan 2015 to Dec 2017, Westerman missed 7 of 2,000 roll call votes, which is 0.4%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: