Steil is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Steil has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 10, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Bryan Steil sits on the following committees:
Steil sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (100%)
Some of Steil’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5116: Corporate Governance Reform and Transparency Act of 2019
- H.R. 4918: Helping Startups Continue to Grow Act
- H.Con.Res. 54: Establishing the Joint Select Committee on Solvency of Multiemployer Pension Plans.
- H.R. 3050: Expanding Investment in Small Businesses Act of 2019
- H.R. 2149: Exposing the Financing of Human Trafficking Act
From Jan 2019 to Dec 2019, Steil missed 6 of 675 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: