Read our 2019 Report Card for Steil.
Steil is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Steil has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 2, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Bryan Steil sits on the following committees:
Steil sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (100%)
Some of Steil’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7893: Mental Health and Substance Abuse Support During COVID-19 Act
- H.R. 7661: Coronavirus EGC Extension Act
- H.R. 7602: Fiscal Transparency Act of 2020
- H.R. 7329: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at S74w16860 ...
- H.R. 7002: Stop Coronavirus Scams Act
- H.R. 6407: To rescind the appropriation made to the Kennedy Center in the Coronavirus Aid, ...
- H.R. 6015: Stop Evasion of Iran Sanctions Act of 2020
From Jan 2019 to Dec 2020, Steil missed 11 of 929 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: