Our unique analysis of the bills Carter has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Carter is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Carter for more statistics.
Buddy Carter sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions
- House Committee on Homeland Security
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
Carter sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Carter’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5690: GAO Access and Oversight Act of 2016
- H.R. 4007: ALERTED Act of 2015
- H.R. 3842: Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers Reform and Improvement Act of 2015
- H.R. 3480: Fort Frederica National Monument Boundary Expansion Act
- H.R. 3323: DOC Access Act
- H.R. 2148: Ensuring Quality in the Unemployment Insurance Program (EQUIP) Act
- H.R. 1615: DHS FOIA Efficiency Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2016, Carter missed 24 of 1,277 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: