Donalds is the representative for Florida’s 19th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2021. Donalds is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Donalds is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Donalds has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to May 24, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Byron Donalds sits on the following committees:
Donalds sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Donalds recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 7860: Financial Freedom Act of 2022
- H.R. 7741: To prevent the Federal Government from using taxpayer funds to distribute cellular devices …
- H.R. 7207: Prohibit Venezuelan Oil Importation Act
- H.R. 7206: Protecting Communities from Harmful Algal Blooms Act
- H.Res. 953: Honoring the first responders who acted swiftly on Sunday, January 16, 2022, to …
- H.R. 6409: Repeal CFPB Act
- H.R. 6217: Expanding Access to Affordable Credit for Small Businesses Act
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2021 to May 2022, Donalds missed 21 of 681 roll call votes, which is 3.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: