Our unique analysis of the bills Dooley sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2004. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Dooley is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Dooley sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (20%) Law (18%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Agriculture and Food (12%) Commerce (10%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%) Education (8%) Social Welfare (8%)
Some of Dooley’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5120 (108th): U.S. National Arboretum Appreciation Act of 2004
- H.R. 3308 (108th): To amend the Agricultural Adjustment Act to convert the dairy forward pricing ...
- H.R. 1737 (108th): Asbestos Victims’ Compensation Act of 2003
- H.R. 1568 (108th): Medicare Rx Now Act of 2003
- H.R. 1274 (108th): To direct the Administrator of General Services to convey to Fresno County, ...
- H.R. 1273 (108th): To designate a United States courthouse to be constructed in Fresno, California, ...
- H.R. 5616 (107th): Sunset of Helms-Burton Act of 2002
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1991 to Dec 2004, Dooley missed 455 of 8,012 roll call votes, which is 5.7%. This is much worse than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2004. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: