Read our 2015 Report Card for Miller.
Our unique analysis of the bills Miller sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Miller is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Miller was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1213 (114th): Office of Compliance Administrative and Technical Corrections Act of 2015
- H.R. 878 (114th): United States Customs and Border Protection Authorization Act
- H.R. 3487 (113th): To amend the Federal Election Campaign Act to extend through 2018 the authority of the Federal Election Commission to impose civil money penalties on the basis of ...
- H.R. 5738 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 15285 Samohin Drive in Macomb, Michigan, as the “Lance Cpl. Anthony A. DiLisio Clinton-Macomb Carrier ...
- H.R. 4009 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 567 West Nepessing Street in Lapeer, Michigan, as the “Turrill Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Miller sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Emergency Management (21%) Government Operations and Politics (17%) Immigration (17%) Agriculture and Food (14%) Transportation and Public Works (10%) Environmental Protection (7%) Armed Forces and National Security (7%) International Affairs (7%)
Some of Miller’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6415 (114th): To provide for the appointment of members of the Board of Directors ...
- H.Res. 933 (114th): Providing amounts for further expenses of the Committee on Energy and Commerce ...
- H.R. 5227 (114th): Library of Congress Modernization Act of 2016
- H.R. 5160 (114th): To amend title 40, United States Code, to include as part of ...
- H.R. 5078 (114th): Great Lakes Pipeline Safety Act of 2016
- H.R. 4438 (114th): Drinking Water Contamination Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2016
- H.R. 3586 (114th): Border and Maritime Coordination Improvement Act
|Miller’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1314: Trade Act of 2015
Oct 28, 2015. Passed 266/167.
This vote turned this bill into the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015, by replacing the text of the bill in whole. H.R. 1314 was previously the Trade Act of 2015.
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
S. 1603 (113th): Gun Lake Trust Land Reaffirmation Act
Sep 16, 2014. Passed 359/64.
H.R. 5029 (113th): International Science and Technology Cooperation Act of 2014
Jul 14, 2014. Passed 346/41.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.R. 1473 (112th): Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011
Apr 14, 2011. Passed 260/167.
H.Res. 915 (111th): Encouraging the Republic of Hungary to respect the rule of law, treat foreign investors fairly, and promote ...
Dec 8, 2009. Passed 333/74.
H.Res. 1031 (110th): Providing for the adoption of the resolution (H. Res. 895) establishing within the House of Representatives an ...
Mar 11, 2008. Passed 229/182.
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2016, Miller missed 197 of 10,101 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. ProPublica has tracked 9 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: