2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Miller »
Our unique analysis of the bills Miller has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Miller is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Candice Miller sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, House Committee on House Administration
- Vice Chairman, House Committee on Homeland Security
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Joint Committee on the Library
- Joint Committee on Printing
Miller sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Emergency Management (21%) Government Operations and Politics (17%) Immigration (17%) Agriculture and Food (14%) Environmental Protection (10%) International Affairs (7%) Armed Forces and National Security (7%) Transportation and Public Works (7%)
Some of Miller’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5227: Library of Congress Modernization Act of 2016
- H.R. 5160: To amend title 40, United States Code, to include as part of the ...
- H.R. 5078: Great Lakes Pipeline Safety Act of 2016
- H.R. 4438: Drinking Water Contamination Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2016
- H.R. 3586: Border and Maritime Coordination Improvement Act
- H.R. 3120: Great Lakes Assurance Program Verification Act of 2015
- H.Res. 292: Permitting official photographs of the House of Representatives to be taken while the ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to May 2016, Miller missed 148 of 9,717 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 9 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: