Read our 2016 Report Card for Curbelo.
Our unique analysis of the bills Curbelo has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Curbelo is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Carlos Curbelo sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Small Business
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Higher Education and Workforce Training
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation
- Member, Subcommittee on Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
Curbelo sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Curbelo’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 468: To amend the Oil Pollution Act of 1990 to impose penalties and provide ...
- H.R. 6459: Supporting Youth Opportunity and Preventing Delinquency Act of 2016
- H.Res. 902: Recognizing and honoring the life of Jose Fernandez.
- H.R. 6023: Territory Health Insurance Tax Relief Act of 2016
- H.R. 5986: Small Business Relief from Disease Induced Economic Hardship Act of 2016
- H.R. 5963: Supporting Youth Opportunity and Preventing Delinquency Act of 2016
- H.R. 5736: Taxpayer Identity Protection and Alert Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Curbelo’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 612: A bill to designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 1300 Victoria Street in Laredo, Texas, as the “George P. Kazen Federal Building ...
Dec 8, 2016. Passed 360/61.
H.R. 4775: Ozone Standards Implementation Act of 2016
Jun 8, 2016. Passed 234/177.
H.R. 1927: Fairness in Class Action Litigation Act of 2015
Jan 8, 2016. Passed 211/188.
The House is scheduled to take up the Fairness in Class Action Litigation Act (H.R. 1927), which aims to reform the current federal class action lawsuit framework by requiring uninjured parties to be part of separate class action suits than those parties experiencing more extensive ...
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 1806: America COMPETES Reauthorization Act of 2015
May 20, 2015. Passed 217/205.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 240: Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2015
Jan 14, 2015. Passed 236/191.
From Jan 2015 to Jan 2017, Curbelo missed 33 of 1,384 roll call votes, which is 2.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 4 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: