Our unique analysis of the bills Curbelo has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Curbelo is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Curbelo for more statistics.
Carlos Curbelo sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Small Business
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Higher Education and Workforce Training
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation
- Member, Subcommittee on Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
Curbelo sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Curbelo’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6459: Supporting Youth Opportunity and Preventing Delinquency Act of 2016
- H.Res. 902: Recognizing and honoring the life of Jose Fernandez.
- H.R. 6023: Territory Health Insurance Tax Relief Act of 2016
- H.R. 5986: Small Business Relief from Disease Induced Economic Hardship Act of 2016
- H.R. 5963: Supporting Youth Opportunity and Preventing Delinquency Act of 2016
- H.R. 5736: Taxpayer Identity Protection and Alert Act of 2016
- H.R. 5576: To authorize the Attorney General to deny the transfer of firearms and explosives ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Curbelo’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4775: Ozone Standards Implementation Act of 2016
Jun 8, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 1927: Fairness in Class Action Litigation Act of 2015
Jan 8, 2016. Passed.
S.J.Res. 23: A joint resolution providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of a ...
Dec 1, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 1806: America COMPETES Reauthorization Act of 2015
May 20, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2015 to Dec 2016, Curbelo missed 32 of 1,325 roll call votes, which is 2.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 4 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: