Gimenez is the representative for Florida’s 26th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2021. Gimenez is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Gimenez is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Gimenez has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Nov 26, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Carlos Gimenez sits on the following committees:
Gimenez sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Gimenez’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5925: Supply Chain Emergency Response Act
- H.R. 5164: Prohibiting Assistance to the Taliban Act
- H.R. 5074: To prohibit the United States Government from charging fees to citizens or lawful …
- H.R. 5060: To direct the Inspector General of the Department of Defense to conduct an …
- H.R. 4997: Fallen First-Responders’ Family Naturalization Fee-Relief Act of 2021
- H.R. 4561: Entity List Verification Act
- H.R. 4362: Curbing China’s Vaccine Diplomacy Act
From Jan 2021 to Nov 2021, Gimenez missed 0 of 386 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: