Moorhead is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1996 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Moorhead sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Moorhead was the primary sponsor of 11 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 1734 (104th): To reauthorize the National Film Preservation Board, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 1295 (104th): Federal Trademark Dilution Act of 1995
- H.R. 2361 (104th): To amend the commencement dates of certain temporary Federal judgeships.
- H.R. 4156 (100th): Trademark Law Revision Act of 1988
- H.J.Res. 122 (100th): A joint resolution to designate the week beginning July 13, 1987, as “Snow White Week”.
- H.R. 5380 (97th): A bill to recognize the organization known as American Ex-Prisoners of War.
- H.J.Res. 487 (97th): A joint resolution authorizing and requesting the President to proclaim 1983 as the “Year of the Bible”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Moorhead sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Law (22%) Government Operations and Politics (19%) Commerce (17%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (10%) Finance and Financial Sector (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (8%) Crime and Law Enforcement (8%) Economics and Public Finance (7%)
Some of Moorhead’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4314 (104th): Federal Courts Improvement Act of 1996
- H.J.Res. 189 (104th): Granting the consent of Congress to the Interstate Insurance Receivership Compact.
- H.R. 3968 (104th): Federal Courts Improvement Act of 1996
- H.R. 3808 (104th): To establish the Intellectual Property Assembly of the Americas and to provide ...
- H.R. 3531 (104th): Database Investment and Intellectual Property Antipiracy Act of 1996
- H.R. 3460 (104th): Moorhead-Schroeder Patent Reform Act
- H.R. 3192 (104th): Satellite Home Viewer Protection Act of 1996
From Jan 1973 to Sep 1996, Moorhead missed 398 of 13,012 roll call votes, which is 3.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills