Our unique analysis of the bills Moorhead sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1996. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Moorhead is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Moorhead was the primary sponsor of 8 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 1734 (104th): To reauthorize the National Film Preservation Board, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 1295 (104th): Federal Trademark Dilution Act of 1995
- H.J.Res. 122 (100th): A joint resolution to designate the week beginning July 13, 1987, as “Snow White Week”.
- H.R. 5380 (97th): A bill to recognize the organization known as American Ex-Prisoners of War.
- H.R. 936 (96th): A bill for the relief of Kit Tung.
- H.R. 935 (96th): A bill for the relief of Jesse Kuo Tang and Sharon Kuo Tang.
- H.R. 600 (96th): A bill to incorporate United Service Organizations, Incorporated.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Moorhead sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Law (22%) Government Operations and Politics (19%) Commerce (17%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (10%) Finance and Financial Sector (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (8%) Crime and Law Enforcement (8%) Economics and Public Finance (7%)
Some of Moorhead’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4314 (104th): Federal Courts Improvement Act of 1996
- H.J.Res. 189 (104th): Granting the consent of Congress to the Interstate Insurance Receivership Compact.
- H.R. 3968 (104th): Federal Courts Improvement Act of 1996
- H.R. 3808 (104th): To establish the Intellectual Property Assembly of the Americas and to provide ...
- H.R. 3531 (104th): Database Investment and Intellectual Property Antipiracy Act of 1996
- H.R. 3460 (104th): Moorhead-Schroeder Patent Reform Act
- H.R. 3192 (104th): Satellite Home Viewer Protection Act of 1996
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1973 to Sep 1996, Moorhead missed 398 of 13,012 roll call votes, which is 3.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills