Miller is the representative for West Virginia’s 3rd congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. She has served since Jan 3, 2019. Miller is next up for reelection in 2020 and serves until Jan 3, 2021.
Make sure you are registered to vote and that you vote by mail, early, or know your polling location — see vote.org for help.
Read our 2019 Report Card for Miller.
Miller is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Miller has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Oct 27, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Carol Miller sits on the following committees:
Miller sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Miller’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7751: Energy Security Cooperation with Allied Partners in Europe Act of 2019
- H.R. 6988: Helping Gig Economy Workers Act of 2020
- H.R. 4610: New River Gorge National Park and Preserve Designation Act
- H.R. 4571: Accelerating Individuals into the Workforce Act
- H.R. 3362: Small Airport Mothers’ Rooms Act of 2019
- H.R. 3159: Reinforcing Impaired Driving Education Act of 2019
- H.Con.Res. 10: Authorizing the use of the rotunda of the Capitol to honor the last ...
From Jan 2019 to Oct 2020, Miller missed 14 of 919 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: