Shea-Porter was the representative for New Hampshire’s 1st congressional district and was a Democrat. She served from 2017 to 2018.
She was previously the representative for New Hampshire’s 1st congressional district as a Democrat from 2013 to 2014; and the representative for New Hampshire’s 1st congressional district as a Democrat from 2007 to 2010.
Read our 2018 Report Card for Shea-Porter.
Shea-Porter is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2018 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Shea-Porter sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2013 to Dec 21, 2018. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Shea-Porter sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Shea-Porter’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1114 (115th): Expressing support for designation of the week of October 7, 2018, through ...
- H.R. 7005 (115th): Wildlife Disease Emergency Act of 2018
- H.R. 6535 (115th): Campus Prevention and Recovery Services for Students Act of 2018
- H.R. 5920 (115th): Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry Improvement Act
- H.R. 5921 (115th): PFAS Registry Act
- H.R. 5918 (115th): Department of Defense Service Dog Training Therapy Act
- H.R. 5919 (115th): Contingency Operation Waste and Fraud Prevention Act of 2018
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2018, Shea-Porter missed 253 of 5,945 roll call votes, which is 4.3%. This is worse than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2018. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: