Read our 2016 Report Card for Maloney.
Our unique analysis of the bills Maloney has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Maloney is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Carolyn Maloney sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit
House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- Member, Subcommittee on Government Operations
- Joint Economic Committee
Maloney was the primary sponsor of 12 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 2722: Breast Cancer Awareness Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 2600 (113th): To amend the Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act to clarify how the Act applies to condominiums.
- H.R. 2291 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 450 Lexington Avenue in New York, New York, as the “Vincent R. Sombrotto Post Office”.
- H.R. 847 (111th): James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2010
- H.R. 4621 (111th): Prevent Deceptive Census Look Alike Mailings Act
- H.R. 774 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 46-02 21st Street in Long Island City, New York, as the “Geraldine Ferraro Post Office ...
- H.R. 627 (111th): Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act of 2009
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Maloney sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (18%) International Affairs (14%) Health (13%) Finance and Financial Sector (12%) Education (11%) Labor and Employment (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (11%) Government Operations and Politics (9%)
Some of Maloney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6264: Prepare All Kids Act of 2016
- H.Con.Res. 162: Expressing the sense of the Congress that the Parthenon Marbles should be returned ...
- H.R. 5519: Family and Medical Leave Inclusion Act
- H.R. 5518: Family and Medical Leave Enhancement Act of 2016
- H.R. 5198: Overdraft Protection Act of 2016
- H.R. 5113: Investing in America’s Small Businesses Act of 2016
- H.R. 4803: Women and Minorities in STEM Booster Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Maloney’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act ("H.R. 2048". , Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 3080 (112th): United States-Korea Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act
Oct 12, 2011. Passed 278/151.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 1082 (112th): Small Business Additional Temporary Extension Act of 2011
May 31, 2011. Passed 387/33.
H.R. 6604 (110th): Commodity Markets Transparency and Accountability Act of 2008
Jul 30, 2008. Failed 276/151.
From Jan 1993 to Jan 2017, Maloney missed 731 of 16,014 roll call votes, which is 4.6%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 136 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: