Read our 2016 Report Card for Maloney.
Our unique analysis of the bills Maloney has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Maloney is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Carolyn Maloney sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Financial Services
House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- Member, Subcommittee on Government Operations
- Joint Economic Committee
Maloney was the primary sponsor of 12 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 2722 (114th): Breast Cancer Awareness Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 2600 (113th): To amend the Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act to clarify how the Act applies to condominiums.
- H.R. 2291 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 450 Lexington Avenue in New York, New York, as the “Vincent R. Sombrotto Post Office”.
- H.R. 847 (111th): James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2010
- H.R. 4621 (111th): Prevent Deceptive Census Look Alike Mailings Act
- H.R. 774 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 46-02 21st Street in Long Island City, New York, as the “Geraldine Ferraro Post Office ...
- H.R. 627 (111th): Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act of 2009
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Maloney sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (18%) Crime and Law Enforcement (16%) International Affairs (14%) Education (13%) Finance and Financial Sector (13%) Labor and Employment (11%) Government Operations and Politics (9%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (5%)
Some of Maloney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3606: Overdraft Protection Act of 2017
- H.R. 3255: Supporting Working Moms Act of 2017
- H.R. 3089: Corporate Transparency Act of 2017
- H.R. 2710: Commission on Americans Living Abroad Act of 2017
- H.R. 2709: Women and Minorities in STEM Booster Act of 2017
- H.Res. 356: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the Senate should give ...
- H.R. 2642: Indonesian Family Refugee Protection Act
|Maloney’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2842: Accelerating Individuals into the Workforce Act
Jun 23, 2017. Passed 377/34.
H.R. 2842 connects low-income Americans looking for work with employers looking to fill job openings, including through apprenticeships and other forms of on-the-job training. Specifically, the legislation provides funding for states to subsidize employment for a limited time for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) ...
H.R. 3461: To approve the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, signed at Vienna on July 14, 2015, relating to the ...
Sep 11, 2015. Failed 162/269.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 1563: Federal Employee Tax Accountability Act of 2015
Apr 15, 2015. Failed 266/160.
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 3080 (112th): United States-Korea Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act
Oct 12, 2011. Passed 278/151.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.R. 6604 (110th): Commodity Markets Transparency and Accountability Act of 2008
Jul 30, 2008. Failed 276/151.
From Jan 1993 to Sep 2017, Maloney missed 764 of 16,484 roll call votes, which is 4.6%. This is much worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 136 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: