Our unique analysis of the bills Meek sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2002. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Meek is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Meek sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (26%) Immigration (14%) Law (12%) Economics and Public Finance (12%) Labor and Employment (10%) Social Welfare (10%) Families (10%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (6%)
Some of Meek’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5751 (107th): Haitian Immigrant Equitable Adjustment Act of 2002
- H.R. 5750 (107th): Immigration Bond Fairness Act of 2002
- H.R. 4205 (107th): Affordable Housing Improvements Act
- H.R. 3630 (107th): To direct the Secretary of the Interior to conduct a special resource ...
- H.R. 2787 (107th): To amend the Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 1990 ...
- H.R. 2109 (107th): To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to conduct a special resource ...
- H.R. 1971 (107th): Voting Rights Protection Act of 2001
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1993 to Nov 2002, Meek missed 428 of 5,859 roll call votes, which is 7.3%. This is much worse than the median of 2.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: