Ballenger was a far-right Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Ballenger’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Ballenger’s bills had a total of 74 cosponsors in the 108th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Ballenger to other members of the House of Representatives in the 108th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Ballenger’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 847 (108th): Honoring the life of astronaut Leroy Gordon Cooper, Jr.
- H.R. 4796 (108th): Employee Stock Ownership Plan Promotion and Improvement Act of 2004
- H.R. 3393 (108th): To amend title 40, United States Code, to add Catawba and Cleveland ...
- H.R. 2516 (108th): To amend the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 to clarify that ...
- H.R. 1778 (108th): Employee Ownership for the Twenty-First Century Act
- H.R. 1465 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 1111 (108th): Uniformed Services Divorce Equity Act of 2003
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1987 to Dec 2004, Ballenger missed 390 of 9,847 roll call votes, which is 4.0%. This is worse than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2004. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Congressional Pictorial Directory for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills