Cortez Masto, a Democrat, is the junior senator from Nevada and has served since Jan 3, 2017. Cortez Masto is next up for reelection in 2022.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Catherine Cortez Masto sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Some of Cortez Masto’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2170: A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the ...
- S. 1968: Code Like a Girl Act
- S. 1809: Moving FIRST Act
- S. 415: A bill to nullify the effect of the recent Executive order that makes ...
|Cortez Masto’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.J.Res. 123: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2018, and for other purposes.
Dec 7, 2017. Joint Resolution Passed 81/14.
On the Nomination PN104: Courtney Elwood, of Virginia, to be General Counsel of the Central Intelligence Agency
Jun 6, 2017. Nomination Confirmed 67/33.
On the Nomination PN59: Elaine C. Duke, of Virginia, to be Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security
Apr 4, 2017. Nomination Confirmed 85/14.
S. 89: A bill to amend title 46, United States Code, to exempt old vessels that only operate within inland waterways from the fire-retardant materials requirement if the ...
Apr 3, 2017. Bill Passed 85/12.
On the Nomination PN40: John F. Kelly, of Virginia, to be Secretary of Homeland Security
Jan 20, 2017. Nomination Confirmed 88/11.
From Jan 2017 to Dec 2017, Cortez Masto missed 8 of 311 roll call votes, which is 2.6%. This is worse than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: