Cortez Masto, a Democrat, is the junior senator from Nevada and has served since Jan 3, 2017. Cortez Masto is next up for reelection in 2022.
Read our 2017 Report Card for Cortez Masto.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Catherine Cortez Masto sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Some of Cortez Masto’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2170: A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the ...
- S. 1968: Code Like a Girl Act
- S. 1809: Moving FIRST Act
- S. 415: A bill to nullify the effect of the recent Executive order that makes ...
From Jan 2017 to Feb 2018, Cortez Masto missed 8 of 361 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is worse than the median of 1.3% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: