Cortez Masto is the junior senator from Nevada and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 3, 2017. Cortez Masto is next up for reelection in 2022.
Read our 2017 Report Card for Cortez Masto.
Cortez Masto is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the Senate positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Cortez Masto has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Catherine Cortez Masto sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Some of Cortez Masto’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2695: A bill to require additional disclosures relating to donations to the Presidential Inaugural ...
- S. 2698: A bill to make necessary reforms to improve compliance with loss mitigation requirements ...
- S.Res. 428: A resolution recognizing the heritage, culture, and contributions of Latinas in the United ...
- S. 2170: A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the ...
- S. 1968: Code Like a Girl Act
- S. 1809: Moving FIRST Act
- S. 415: A bill to nullify the effect of the recent Executive order that makes ...
From Jan 2017 to Apr 2018, Cortez Masto missed 8 of 405 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: