2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Richmond »
Our unique analysis of the bills Richmond has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Richmond is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Cedric Richmond sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Homeland Security
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Protection, and Security Technologies
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight and Management Efficiency
House Committee on the Judiciary
- Member, Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations
Richmond sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (23%) Education (16%) Commerce (16%) Crime and Law Enforcement (13%) Emergency Management (10%) Health (10%) Armed Forces and National Security (6%) Finance and Financial Sector (6%)
Some of Richmond’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4807: To amend title XIX of the Social Security Act to provide the same ...
- H.Res. 628: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the African-Americans who duly ...
- H.R. 4422: POSTAL Act of 2015
- H.R. 3985: JOBS Act of 2015
- H.R. 3986: High School Football Safety Study Act
- H.R. 3510: Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity Strategy Act of 2015
- H.R. 3399: Solitary Confinement Study and Reform Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Apr 2016, Richmond missed 295 of 3,692 roll call votes, which is 8.0%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: