2014 Report CardRead our 2014 Report Card for Richmond »
Our unique analysis of the bills Richmond has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Richmond is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Cedric Richmond sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Homeland Security
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Protection, and Security Technologies
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight and Management Efficiency
House Committee on the Judiciary
- Member, Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations
Some of Richmond’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5445: Postal Jobs Protection Act of 2014
- H.R. 5179: POSTAL Act of 2014
- H.R. 4812: Honor Flight Act
- H.R. 4618: Solitary Confinement Study and Reform Act of 2014
- H.R. 4480: Protecting Educational Loans for Underserved Students Act
- H.R. 4207: JOBS Act of 2014
- H.R. 3153: Student Disciplinary Fairness Act of 2013
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Apr 2015, Richmond missed 245 of 2,971 roll call votes, which is 8.2%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity