Our unique analysis of the bills Richmond has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Richmond is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Richmond for more statistics.
Cedric Richmond sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Homeland Security
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Protection, and Security Technologies
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight and Management Efficiency
House Committee on the Judiciary
- Member, Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations
Richmond sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (27%) Education (19%) Crime and Law Enforcement (15%) Armed Forces and National Security (8%) Commerce (8%) Health (8%) Transportation and Public Works (8%) Taxation (8%)
Some of Richmond’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6017: Race to the Job Initiative Act
- H.R. 5880: To amend title II of the Social Security Act to prohibit inclusion of ...
- H.R. 5391: Gains in Global Nuclear Detection Architecture Act
- H.R. 4807: To amend title XIX of the Social Security Act to provide the same ...
- H.Res. 628: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the African-Americans who duly ...
- H.R. 4422: POSTAL Act of 2015
- H.R. 3985: JOBS Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Richmond missed 311 of 4,087 roll call votes, which is 7.6%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: