Bass is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bass sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Bass was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1591 (112th): Sanctity of Eternal Rest for Veterans Act of 2011
- H.R. 3185 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 38 Spring Street in Nashua, New Hampshire, as the “Hugh Gregg Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 3180 (107th): To consent to certain amendments to the New Hampshire-Vermont Interstate School Compact.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Bass sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bass’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6438 (112th): Member Pay Reduction and Responsibility Act of 2012
- H.R. 4017 (112th): Smart Energy Act
- H.R. 3342 (112th): Affordable Medicines Utilization Act of 2011
- H.R. 3293 (112th): To amend title 10, United States Code, to authorize the Secretary of ...
- H.R. 3211 (112th): Humanitarian Device Reform Act of 2011
- H.R. 2253 (112th): To establish within the Department of Education the Innovation Inspiration school grant ...
- H.Res. 307 (112th): Amending the Rules of the House of Representatives to establish a Committee ...
|Bass’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 4970 (112th): Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2012
May 16, 2012. Passed 222/205.
H.R. 4348 (112th): MAP-21
Apr 18, 2012. Passed 293/127.
The Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act, MAP-21, is a funding and authorization bill to govern United States federal surface transportation spending. It was passed by Congress on June 29, 2012 and President Barack Obama signed it on July 6. The vote ...
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 1995 to Jan 2013, Bass missed 131 of 8,778 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: