2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Boustany »
Our unique analysis of the bills Boustany has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Boustany is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Charles Boustany Jr. sits on the following committees:
Boustany sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (34%) Health (29%) Armed Forces and National Security (16%) Social Welfare (6%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (5%) Transportation and Public Works (3%) Immigration (3%) Government Operations and Politics (3%)
Some of Boustany’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5089: To require the Secretary of Commerce to maintain and operate at least one ...
- H.R. 5009: To amend titles XVIII and XIX of the Social Security Act to ensure ...
- H.R. 4832: Health Savings Protection Act
- H.R. 4689: To amend title 38, United States Code, to authorize the Secretary of Veterans ...
- H.Con.Res. 112: Expressing the sense of Congress opposing the President’s proposed $10 tax on every ...
- H.R. 4297: To impose certain requirements on the Secretary of the Treasury relating to transmittals ...
- H.R. 4219: To authorize the extension of nondiscriminatory treatment (normal trade relations treatment) to the ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to Apr 2016, Boustany missed 167 of 8,437 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 7 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: