Our unique analysis of the bills Boustany has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Boustany is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Boustany for more statistics.
Charles Boustany Jr. sits on the following committees:
Boustany sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Boustany’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6228: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend and modify the ...
- H.R. 6169: Ending Legacy Lawsuit Abuse Act
- H.R. 6137: Louisiana Flood and Storm Devastation Tax Relief Act of 2016
- H.R. 5964: To provide a Federal share for disaster assistance provided to the State of ...
- H.R. 5822: Improving Standards in VA Contracting Act of 2016
- H.R. 5545: Preventing Investment in Terrorist Regimes Act
- H.R. 5447: Small Business Health Care Relief Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Boustany’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 1252: Global Food Security Act of 2016
Jul 6, 2016. Passed.
H.Res. 450: Providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 597) to reauthorize the Export-Import Bank of the United States, ...
Oct 27, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2005 to Sep 2016, Boustany missed 183 of 8,832 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 7 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: