Read our 2016 Report Card for Boustany.
Boustany is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Boustany sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 5, 2011 to Dec 30, 2016. See full analysis methodology.
Boustany was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5447 (114th): Small Business Health Care Relief Act of 2016
- H.R. 3412 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1421 Veterans Memorial Drive in Abbeville, Louisiana, as the “Sergeant Richard Franklin Abshire Post Office ...
- H.R. 3567 (112th): Welfare Integrity Now for Children and Families Act of 2012
- H.R. 2972 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 115 West Edward Street in Erath, Louisiana, as the “Conrad DeRouen, Jr. Post Office”.
- H.R. 3864 (109th): Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities Affected by Hurricanes Katrina or Rita Act of 2005
- H.R. 3761 (109th): Flexibility for Displaced Workers Act
Does 6 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Boustany sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Boustany’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6404 (114th): Medicare Home Health Flexibility Act of 2016
- H.R. 6228 (114th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend and modify ...
- H.R. 6169 (114th): Ending Legacy Lawsuit Abuse Act
- H.R. 6137 (114th): Louisiana Flood and Storm Devastation Tax Relief Act of 2016
- H.R. 5964 (114th): To provide a Federal share for disaster assistance provided to the State ...
- H.R. 5822 (114th): Improving Standards in VA Contracting Act of 2016
- H.R. 5545 (114th): Preventing Investment in Terrorist Regimes Act
From Jan 2005 to Dec 2016, Boustany missed 183 of 8,880 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: