Read our 2016 Report Card for Boustany.
Boustany is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Boustany sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Boustany was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5447 (114th): Small Business Health Care Relief Act of 2016
- H.R. 3412 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1421 Veterans Memorial Drive in Abbeville, Louisiana, as the “Sergeant Richard Franklin Abshire Post Office ...
- H.R. 3567 (112th): Welfare Integrity Now for Children and Families Act of 2012
- H.R. 2972 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 115 West Edward Street in Erath, Louisiana, as the “Conrad DeRouen, Jr. Post Office”.
- H.R. 3864 (109th): Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities Affected by Hurricanes Katrina or Rita Act of 2005
- H.R. 3761 (109th): Flexibility for Displaced Workers Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Boustany sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Boustany’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6404 (114th): Medicare Home Health Flexibility Act of 2016
- H.R. 6228 (114th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend and modify ...
- H.R. 6169 (114th): Ending Legacy Lawsuit Abuse Act
- H.R. 6137 (114th): Louisiana Flood and Storm Devastation Tax Relief Act of 2016
- H.R. 5964 (114th): To provide a Federal share for disaster assistance provided to the State ...
- H.R. 5822 (114th): Improving Standards in VA Contracting Act of 2016
- H.R. 5545 (114th): Preventing Investment in Terrorist Regimes Act
|Boustany’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 1252: Global Food Security Act of 2016
Jul 6, 2016. Passed 369/53.
The Global Food Security Act of 2016 (Pub.L. 114–195), is a law introduced on March 24, 2015 in the 114th Congress by Representative Christopher Henry "Chris" Smith (New Jersey-R) and on May 7, 2015 by Senator Robert Patrick "Bob" Casey Jr. (Pennsylvania-D), and signed by ...
H.Res. 450: Providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 597) to reauthorize the Export-Import Bank of the United States, ...
Oct 27, 2015. Passed 275/154.
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 152 (113th): Disaster Relief Appropriations Act, 2013
Jan 15, 2013. Passed 241/180.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
H.R. 5325 (112th): Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 6, 2012. Passed 255/165.
H.R. 3521 (112th): Expedited Legislative Line-Item Veto and Rescissions Act of 2012
Feb 8, 2012. Passed 254/173.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant legislative change to the U.S. patent system since the ...
From Jan 2005 to Dec 2016, Boustany missed 183 of 8,880 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: