Our unique analysis of the bills Canady sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2000. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Canady is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Canady’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5018 (106th): Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 2000
- H.R. 4908 (106th): Notice of Electronic Monitoring Act
- H.R. 4862 (106th): Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act of 2000
- H.R. 4292 (106th): Born-Alive Infants Protection Act of 2000
- H.R. 3660 (106th): Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2000
- H.R. 2372 (106th): Private Property Rights Implementation Act of 2000
- H.R. 1886 (106th): MSPA Clarification Act of 1999
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2000, Canady missed 44 of 4,863 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 3.0% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2000. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: