Rep. Charles Canady
Former Representative from Florida's 12th District
|Dates||Title / State / District|
Florida's 12th District
See Also: Bioguide
Canady was a moderate Republican leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Canady’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Canady’s bills had a total of 746 cosponsors in the 106th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Canady to other members of the House of Representatives in the 106th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Canady’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5018 (106th): Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 2000
- H.R. 4908 (106th): Notice of Electronic Monitoring Act
- H.R. 4862 (106th): Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act of 2000
- H.R. 4292 (106th): Born-Alive Infants Protection Act of 2000
- H.R. 3660 (106th): Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2000
- H.R. 2372 (106th): Private Property Rights Implementation Act of 2000
- H.R. 1886 (106th): MSPA Clarification Act of 1999
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2000, Canady missed 44 of 4,863 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 3.0% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2000. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: