2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Dent »
Our unique analysis of the bills Dent has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Dent is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Charles Dent sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, House Committee on Ethics
House Committee on Appropriations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Vice Chairman, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Member, Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
Dent sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Dent’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4974: Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2017
- H.R. 4679: To amend the Help America Vote Act of 2002 to eliminate straight-party voting ...
- H.R. 4186: Enemy Expatriation Act
- H.Res. 468: Expressing support for designation of October 8, 2015, as “National Hydrogen and Fuel ...
- H.R. 3537: Synthetic Drug Control Act of 2015
- H.R. 3072: To remove the authority of the Secretary of Energy to amend or issue ...
- H.R. 2731: National Collegiate Athletics Accountability Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to Apr 2016, Dent missed 25 of 8,437 roll call votes, which is 0.3%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 16 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: