Read our 2016 Report Card for Dent.
Our unique analysis of the bills Dent has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Dent is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Charles Dent sits on the following committees:
Dent was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4974 (114th): Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2017
- H.R. 2029 (114th): Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2016
- H.R. 6223 (112th): To amend section 1059(e) of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2006 to clarify that a period of employment abroad by the Chief of Mission ...
- H.R. 4786 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 535 Wood Street in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, as the “H. Gordon Payrow Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 2490 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 442 West Hamilton Street, Allentown, Pennsylvania, as the “Mayor Joseph S. Daddona Memorial Post Office”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Dent sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (30%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (24%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%) Government Operations and Politics (9%) Immigration (9%) Education (6%) Energy (6%) Crime and Law Enforcement (6%)
Some of Dent’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 282: Supporting State, local, and community initiatives to encourage parents, teachers, camp counselors, and ...
- H.R. 1732: Synthetic Drug Control Act of 2017
- H.R. 1017: Removing Barriers to Colorectal Cancer Screening Act of 2017
- H.R. 1002: National Heritage Area Act of 2017
- H.Res. 60: Expressing continued support for the special relationship between the United States and the ...
- H.R. 548: Health Care Safety Net Enhancement Act of 2017
- H.Res. 854 (114th): Supporting State, local, and community initiatives to encourage parents, teachers, camp counselors, ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Dent’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
S. 1603 (113th): Gun Lake Trust Land Reaffirmation Act
Sep 16, 2014. Passed 359/64.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.R. 1752 (111th): To provide that the usual day for paying salaries in or under the House of Representatives may ...
Jul 30, 2009. Failed 282/144.
H.Res. 1031 (110th): Providing for the adoption of the resolution (H. Res. 895) establishing within the House of Representatives an ...
Mar 11, 2008. Passed 229/182.
H.R. 3246 (110th): Regional Economic and Infrastructure Development Act of 2007
Oct 4, 2007. Passed 264/154.
From Jan 2005 to Apr 2017, Dent missed 28 of 9,116 roll call votes, which is 0.3%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 16 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: