Our unique analysis of the bills Dent has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Dent is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Dent for more statistics.
Charles Dent sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, House Committee on Ethics
House Committee on Appropriations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Vice Chairman, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Member, Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
Dent sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Dent’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 854: Supporting State, local, and community initiatives to encourage parents, teachers, camp counselors, and ...
- H.Res. 817: Expressing continued support for the special relationship between the United States and the ...
- H.R. 4974: Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2017
- H.R. 4679: People Before Party Act of 2016
- H.R. 4186: Enemy Expatriation Act
- H.Res. 468: Expressing support for designation of October 8, 2015, as “National Hydrogen and Fuel ...
- H.R. 3537: Dangerous Synthetic Drug Control Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to Sep 2016, Dent missed 26 of 8,821 roll call votes, which is 0.3%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 16 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: