Our unique analysis of the bills Douglas sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Douglas is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Douglas’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5939 (101st): Shareholder Protection Act of 1990
- H.Res. 383 (101st): To amend the Rules of the House of Representatives to require the ...
- H.Res. 370 (101st): Providing for the consideration of the joint resolution (H.J. Res 268) proposing ...
- H.R. 4248 (101st): Affordable Housing and First Home Buyer Assistance Act of 1990
- H.Res. 350 (101st): Providing for the consideration of the joint resolution (H.J. Res. 350) proposing ...
- H.R. 4153 (101st): Nuclear Emergency Planning and Preparedness Improvement Act of 1990
- H.R. 3702 (101st): To amend the Solid Waste Disposal Act to authorize the Environmental Protection ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1989 to Oct 1990, Douglas missed 37 of 904 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is better than the median of 4.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1990. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills