Our unique analysis of the bills Dowdy sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Dowdy is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Dowdy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4611 (100th): Veterans’ Educational Assistance Improvements Act of 1988
- H.R. 4457 (100th): A bill to create a national park at Natchez, Mississippi.
- H.R. 4213 (100th): Montgomery GI Bill Amendments of 1988
- H.R. 3748 (100th): Targeted Revenue Assistance to Fiscally Distressed Local Governments Act
- H.R. 3460 (100th): Veterans’ Employment and Training Act of 1987
- H.R. 3445 (100th): Natural Gas Consumers Protection Act
- H.R. 3001 (100th): A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, with respect to ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jul 1981 to Oct 1988, Dowdy missed 725 of 3,432 roll call votes, which is 21.1%. This is worse than the median of 5.2% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1988. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills