Fleischmann is the representative for Tennessee’s 3rd congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 5, 2011. Fleischmann is next up for reelection in 2020 and serves until Jan 3, 2021.
Make sure you are registered to vote and that you vote by mail, early, or know your polling location — see vote.org for help.
Read our 2019 Report Card for Fleischmann.
Fleischmann is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Fleischmann has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Oct 20, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Charles “Chuck” Fleischmann sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
Energy and Water Development, and Related Agencies subcommittees
- Homeland Security subcommittee Ranking Member
Fleischmann sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Fleischmann’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 454: Bonuses for Cost-Cutters Act of 2019
- H.R. 455: Safe and Secure Federal Websites Act of 2019
- H.R. 453: Eastern Band of Cherokee Historic Lands Reacquisition Act
- H.R. 452: Combating Terrorist Recruitment Act of 2019
- H.R. 1250 (115th): Combating Terrorist Recruitment Act of 2017
- H.R. 404 (115th): Safe and Secure Federal Websites Act of 2017
- H.R. 378 (115th): Bonuses for Cost-Cutters Act of 2017
From Jan 2011 to Oct 2020, Fleischmann missed 54 of 6,264 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: