Our unique analysis of the bills Gonzalez sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Gonzalez is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Gonzalez was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3884 (108th): To designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 615 East Houston Street in San Antonio, Texas, as the “Hipolito F. Garcia Federal Building and ...
- H.R. 1959 (106th): To designate the Federal building located at 743 East Durango Boulevard in San Antonio, Texas, as the “Adrian A. Spears Judicial Training Center”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Gonzalez sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Gonzalez’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3478 (112th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend bond authority ...
- H.R. 3383 (112th): Safe Transportation of Hazardous Materials Act of 2011
- H.R. 2843 (112th): For the relief of Monica Elizondo.
- H.R. 1937 (112th): EAC Improvements Act of 2011
- H.R. 1580 (112th): Medicare Beneficiary Preservation of Choice Act of 2011
- H.R. 732 (112th): For the relief of Benita Veliz-Castillo.
- H.R. 523 (112th): American Fuel Protection Act of 2011
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Gonzalez’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 5325 (112th): Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 6, 2012. Passed 255/165.
H.R. 3523 (112th): Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act
Apr 26, 2012. Passed 248/168.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 317 (111th): Recognizing the region from Manhattan, Kansas, to Columbia, Missouri, as the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor, and ...
Sep 15, 2009. Passed 312/108.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1999 to Jan 2013, Gonzalez missed 303 of 9,782 roll call votes, which is 3.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: