Our unique analysis of the bills Hatcher sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1992. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hatcher is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Hatcher sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hatcher’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5439 (102nd): Food Stamp Quality Control System Amendments of 1992
- H.R. 4819 (102nd): To suspend until January 1, 1995, the duty on Triphenylmethyl chloride, Imidazole ...
- H.R. 3850 (102nd): Federal-State Pesticide Regulation Partnership Act of 1991
- H.R. 1869 (102nd): To suspend temporarily the duty on fluometuron and IBTF.
- H.R. 1866 (102nd): To suspend until January 1, 1995, the duty on pyrmethyl alcohol.
- H.R. 1867 (102nd): To suspend until January 1, 1995, the duty on TAC.
- H.R. 1868 (102nd): To suspend until January 1, 1995, the duty on metmercazole.
From Jan 1981 to Oct 1992, Hatcher missed 773 of 5,381 roll call votes, which is 14.4%. This is much worse than the median of 4.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1992. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congress-Legislators, a community project collecting election information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills