Our unique analysis of the bills Melancon sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Melancon is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Melancon sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Emergency Management (24%) Economics and Public Finance (18%) Government Operations and Politics (15%) Energy (8%) Social Welfare (8%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%) Education (8%) Water Resources Development (8%)
Some of Melancon’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1647 (111th): Urging the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to acquire and utilize the Our ...
- H.R. 6054 (111th): To amend title 38, United States Code, to increase and to provide ...
- H.R. 5787 (111th): SBA Disaster Loan Relief Act of 2010
- H.R. 5760 (111th): To expand eligibility for Pell grants to certain students who are pursuing ...
- H.R. 5761 (111th): To amend the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act to expedite the ...
- H.R. 5698 (111th): To amend the Oil Pollution Act of 1990 and the Outer Continental ...
- H.R. 5598 (111th): Oil Spill Tax Relief Act of 2010
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to Dec 2010, Melancon missed 285 of 4,745 roll call votes, which is 6.0%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: