Our unique analysis of the bills Pashayan sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1990. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Pashayan is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Pashayan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 622 (101st): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States requiring a ...
- H.J.Res. 621 (101st): Suggesting an amendment to the Constitution requiring a balanced budget.
- H.R. 3811 (101st): Parks Centennial Act of 1990
- H.R. 3514 (101st): Integrated Pest Management Research Act of 1989
- H.R. 2932 (101st): Farmer to Consumer Farm Produce Enhancement Act
- H.R. 2937 (101st): For the relief of Rodney E. Hoover.
- H.R. 2938 (101st): For the relief of Wesley P. Kliewer and Lois P. Kliewer.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Oct 1990, Pashayan missed 474 of 5,727 roll call votes, which is 8.3%. This is worse than the median of 4.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1990. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills