Our unique analysis of the bills Pickering sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Pickering is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Pickering’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 393 (110th): Supporting the goals and ideals of “National Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness Month”.
- H.R. 3559 (110th): Protecting Children from Indecent Programming Act
- H.R. 3435 (110th): SAFE Energy Act of 2007
- H.R. 3233 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 2713 (110th): Joseph H. Seall Act of 2007
- H.R. 6299 (109th): Protecting Our Children from Age-Restricted Internet Products and Services Act of 2006
- H.R. 6063 (109th): Remote Monitoring Access Act of 2006
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2008, Pickering missed 503 of 7,708 roll call votes, which is 6.5%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: