Roemer, a Democrat, was the representative for Louisiana's 4th congressional district from 1981 to 1988.
Roemer is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1988 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Roemer sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Roemer sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Roemer’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 272 (100th): A joint resolution designating the week of April 24, 1988, through April ...
- H.R. 587 (100th): A bill to name the Veterans’ Administration Medical Center in Shreveport, Louisiana, ...
- H.R. 4357 (99th): A bill to provide that the Internal Revenue Service may not before ...
- H.R. 1586 (99th): A bill to name the Veterans’ Administration Medical Center in Shreveport, Louisiana, ...
- H.Res. 42 (99th): A bill expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that no ...
- H.R. 632 (99th): South African Human Rights Act of 1985
- H.R. 600 (99th): Taxpayer Relief Act of 1985
From Jan 1981 to Mar 1988, Roemer missed 418 of 3,123 roll call votes, which is 13.4%. This is much worse than the median of 5.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Mar 1988. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills