Rep. Charles A. Wilson
Former Representative for Ohio’s 6th District
Wilson was the representative for Ohio’s 6th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2007 to 2010.
Wilson is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Wilson sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 4, 2005 to Dec 21, 2010. See full analysis methodology.
Wilson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Wilson recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 5496 (111th): To repeal the public telecommunications facilities assistance program.
- H.R. 5497 (111th): Check the Debt Act of 2010
- H.R. 5277 (111th): Small Business Lending Incentive Program Act of 2010
- H.R. 5226 (111th): Appalachian Veterans Outreach Improvement Act
- H.R. 5158 (111th): Summitville Procurement Protection Act
- H.R. 4736 (111th): Energy Education Loan Forgiveness Act of 2010
- H.R. 3034 (111th): Investment in American Steel Act of 2009
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2010, Wilson missed 188 of 3,531 roll call votes, which is 5.3%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: