Read our 2018 Report Card for Pingree.
Pingree is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Pingree has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Sep 13, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Chellie Pingree sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Vice Chair, Subcommittee on Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- House Committee on Agriculture
Pingree sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Agriculture and Food (28%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (22%) Armed Forces and National Security (16%) Health (16%) Social Sciences and History (6%) Immigration (6%) Environmental Protection (6%)
Some of Pingree’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4158: CURE High Drug Prices Act
- H.R. 3981: Food Date Labeling Act of 2019
- H.R. 3596: Keep America’s Waterfronts Working Act
- H.R. 3220: Kids Eat Local Act
- H.R. 3212: Accountability for Sexual and Gender-based Violence as a Tool in Conflict Act of ...
- H.R. 2813: Asylum Seeker Work Authorization Act of 2019
- H.Res. 312: Expressing support for designation of the weeks of April 14, 2019, through April ...
From Jan 2009 to Sep 2019, Pingree missed 215 of 7,530 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: