Read our 2018 Report Card for Pingree.
Pingree is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Pingree has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 21, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Chellie Pingree sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Vice Chair, Subcommittee on Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- House Committee on Agriculture
Pingree sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Pingree’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2813: To permit aliens seeking asylum to be eligible for employment in the United ...
- H.Res. 312: Expressing support for designation of the weeks of April 14, 2019, through April ...
- H.R. 1716: Coastal Communities Ocean Acidification Act of 2019
- H.R. 1221: Agriculture Research Integrity Act of 2019
- H.R. 1248: York River Wild and Scenic River Act of 2019
- H.R. 1092: Servicemembers and Veterans Empowerment and Support Act of 2019
- H.R. 478: Safe and Affordable Drugs from Canada Act of 2019
From Jan 2009 to May 2019, Pingree missed 213 of 7,228 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: