Our unique analysis of the bills Pingree has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Pingree is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Pingree for more statistics.
Chellie Pingree sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
Pingree sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (25%) Armed Forces and National Security (17%) Agriculture and Food (17%) Health (13%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (13%) Social Sciences and History (8%) Environmental Protection (8%)
Some of Pingree’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5298: Food Date Labeling Act of 2016
- H.R. 5277: Keep America’s Waterfronts Working Act
- H.R. 4454: Chris Kotch VA Education Access Act
- H.R. 4245: To exempt exportation of certain echinoderms and mollusks from licensing requirements under the ...
- H.R. 4184: Food Recovery Act of 2015
- H.R. 3814: Asylum Seeker Work Authorization Act of 2015
- H.R. 2553: Coastal Communities Ocean Acidification Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Pingree’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Res. 546: Providing for consideration of the conference report to accompany the bill (H.R. 22) to authorize funds for Federal-aid ...
Dec 3, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 4127: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Dec 1, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 1731: National Cybersecurity Protection Advancement Act of 2015
Apr 23, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2016, Pingree missed 166 of 5,790 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: