Pingree is the representative for Maine’s 1st congressional district (view map) and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 6, 2009. Pingree is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Pingree.
Pingree is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Pingree has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Apr 21, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Chellie Pingree sits on the following committees:
Pingree sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Pingree’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 269: Expressing support for the designation of the weeks of March 28, 2021, through ...
- H.R. 1469: York River Wild and Scenic River Act of 2021
- H.R. 1258: Strengthening Local Processing Act of 2021
- H.R. 832: Safe and Affordable Drugs from Canada Act of 2021
- H.R. 8431 (116th): Strengthening Local Processing Act
- H.R. 7487 (116th): PLACE Act
- H.Res. 901 (116th): Recognizing and celebrating the 200th anniversary of the entry of Maine into ...
From Jan 2009 to Apr 2021, Pingree missed 223 of 8,087 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: