Read our 2017 Report Card for Bustos.
Bustos is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bustos has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Cheri Bustos sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Bustos was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5737: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 108 West D Street in Alpha, Illinois, as the “Captain Joshua E. Steele Post Office”.
- H.R. 2673: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 514 Broadway Street in Pekin, Illinois, as the “Lance Corporal Jordan S. Bastean Post Office”.
- H.R. 2672: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 520 Carter Street in Fairview, Illinois, as the “Sgt. Douglas J. Riney Post Office”.
- H.R. 4046: Department of Defense Check Before You Rent Act
- H.R. 4047: Saving Federal Dollars Through Better Use of Government Purchase and Travel Cards Act of 2017
- H.R. 5700 (113th): To designate the community based outpatient clinic of the Department of Veterans Affairs located at 310 Home Boulevard in Galesburg, Illinois, as the “Lane A. Evans VA ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Bustos sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (30%) Armed Forces and National Security (23%) Agriculture and Food (13%) Environmental Protection (7%) Law (7%) Taxation (7%) Health (7%) Transportation and Public Works (7%)
Some of Bustos’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6699: Agricultural Export Promotion Act of 2018
- H.R. 5882: Gold Star Spouses Leasing Relief Act
- H.R. 5737: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 108 ...
- H.R. 5702: Preventing NAS and Protecting Babies Act
- H.R. 5688: Navigation Workers Protection Act of 2018
- H.R. 4988: Conservation Assistance Loan Act of 2018
- H.R. 4945: Rural Health Liaison Act of 2018
|Bustos’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.J.Res. 43: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the final rule submitted by Secretary of Health and Human Services relating ...
Feb 16, 2017. Passed 230/188.
Joe Biden never got the opportunity to break a single 50-50 Senate tie in eight years as vice president. Mike Pence has already broken two. One from last month has since become law: a measure allowing states to withhold federal Planned Parenthood funding. (The other ...
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed 247/178.
The Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016 (IAA), H.R. 2596, was passed by the House on June 16. The IAA would authorize funding for intelligence-related agencies such as the Central Intelligence Agency, National Security Agency, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. It was passed ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 622: State and Local Sales Tax Deduction Fairness Act of 2015
Apr 16, 2015. Passed 272/152.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed 203/224.
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 3393 (113th): Student and Family Tax Simplification Act
Jul 24, 2014. Passed 227/187.
H.J.Res. 71 (113th): District of Columbia Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2014
Oct 1, 2013. Failed 265/163.
H.R. 1947 (113th): Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013
Jun 20, 2013. Failed 195/234.
From Jan 2013 to Nov 2018, Bustos missed 43 of 3,664 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: