Cravaack was the representative for Minnesota’s 8th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2011 to 2012.
Cravaack is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Cravaack sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 4, 2007 to Jan 1, 2013. See full analysis methodology.
Cravaack was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2947 (112th): To provide for the release of the reversionary interest held by the United States in certain land conveyed by the United States in 1950 for the establishment ...
- H.R. 3220 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 170 Evergreen Square SW in Pine City, Minnesota, as the “Master Sergeant Daniel L. Fedder ...
- H.R. 1801 (112th): Risk-Based Security Screening for Members of the Armed Forces Act
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Cravaack sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Cravaack’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6507 (112th): Promoting Nuanced Taconite Regulations Act of 2012
- H.R. 5797 (112th): Mille Lacs Lake Freedom To Fish Act of 2012
- H.R. 5544 (112th): Minnesota Education Investment and Employment Act
- H.R. 4350 (112th): Safe Skies Act of 2012
- H.R. 3220 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 2947 (112th): To provide for the release of the reversionary interest held by the ...
- H.R. 2442 (112th): Rural County Mandate Relief Act of 2011
From Jan 2011 to Jan 2013, Cravaack missed 16 of 1,606 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: