Cravaack was the representative for Minnesota’s 8th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2011 to 2012.
Cravaack is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Cravaack sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Cravaack was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2947 (112th): To provide for the release of the reversionary interest held by the United States in certain land conveyed by the United States in 1950 for the establishment ...
- H.R. 3220 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 170 Evergreen Square SW in Pine City, Minnesota, as the “Master Sergeant Daniel L. Fedder ...
- H.R. 1801 (112th): Risk-Based Security Screening for Members of the Armed Forces Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Cravaack sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Cravaack’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6507 (112th): Promoting Nuanced Taconite Regulations Act of 2012
- H.R. 5797 (112th): Mille Lacs Lake Freedom To Fish Act of 2012
- H.R. 5544 (112th): Minnesota Education Investment and Employment Act
- H.R. 4350 (112th): Safe Skies Act of 2012
- H.R. 3220 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 2947 (112th): To provide for the release of the reversionary interest held by the ...
- H.R. 2442 (112th): Rural County Mandate Relief Act of 2011
|Cravaack’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6655 (112th): Protect our Kids Act of 2012
Dec 19, 2012. Passed 330/77.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 6018 (112th): Foreign Relations Authorization Act, Fiscal Year 2013
Jul 17, 2012. Passed 333/61.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2011 to Jan 2013, Cravaack missed 16 of 1,606 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: