Our unique analysis of the bills Cravaack sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Cravaack is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Cravaack was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2947 (112th): To provide for the release of the reversionary interest held by the United States in certain land conveyed by the United States in 1950 for the establishment ...
- H.R. 3220 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 170 Evergreen Square SW in Pine City, Minnesota, as the “Master Sergeant Daniel L. Fedder ...
- H.R. 1801 (112th): Risk-Based Security Screening for Members of the Armed Forces Act
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Cravaack sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Cravaack’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6507 (112th): Promoting Nuanced Taconite Regulations Act of 2012
- H.R. 5797 (112th): Mille Lacs Lake Freedom To Fish Act of 2012
- H.R. 5544 (112th): Minnesota Education Investment and Employment Act
- H.R. 4350 (112th): Safe Skies Act of 2012
- H.R. 3220 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 2947 (112th): To provide for the release of the reversionary interest held by the ...
- H.R. 2442 (112th): Rural County Mandate Relief Act of 2011
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Cravaack’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6655 (112th): Protect our Kids Act of 2012
Dec 19, 2012. Passed 330/77.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 2362 (112th): Indian Tribal Trade and Investment Demonstration Project Act of 2011
Jul 23, 2012. Failed 222/160.
H.R. 6018 (112th): Foreign Relations Authorization Act, Fiscal Year 2013
Jul 17, 2012. Passed 333/61.
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
S. 627 (112th): Faster FOIA Act of 2011
Jul 29, 2011. Passed 218/210.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2011 to Jan 2013, Cravaack missed 16 of 1,606 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: