Roy is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Roy has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jul 18, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Chip Roy sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Oversight and Reform
- House Committee on the Budget
- House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Roy sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Roy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3594: Healthcare Freedom Act of 2019
- H.R. 3595: Charitable Donations Freedom Act
- H.R. 3450: To prohibit the Secretary of Veterans Affairs from transmitting certain information to the ...
- H.R. 3143: To posthumously promote Lieutenant Colonel Richard E. Cole, United States Air Force (retired), ...
- H.R. 1755: ARTICLE ONE Act
- H.R. 1700: Drug Cartel Terrorist Designation Act
From Jan 2019 to Jul 2019, Roy missed 8 of 496 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: