Our unique analysis of the bills Bell sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2004. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bell is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Bell sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (22%) Crime and Law Enforcement (17%) Law (13%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (13%) Environmental Protection (9%) Health (9%) Commerce (9%) Transportation and Public Works (9%)
Some of Bell’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5138 (108th): Fair Credit Card Interest Rate Act
- H.R. 5043 (108th): Minimum Wage Indexation Act of 2004
- H.Res. 659 (108th): Recognizing the need for consistent information, regulations, and guidelines regarding the safe ...
- H.Res. 640 (108th): Of inquiry requesting that the Secretary of Defense transmit to the House ...
- H.Res. 515 (108th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that Congress and the ...
- H.R. 3523 (108th): Equity in Law Enforcement Act
- H.R. 3454 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2004, Bell missed 92 of 1,221 roll call votes, which is 7.5%. This is much worse than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2004. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills