Our unique analysis of the bills Coons has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Coons is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Coons for more statistics.
Chris Coons sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- Member, Subcommittee on Africa and Global Health Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on East Asia, the Pacific, and International Cybersecurity Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on State Department and USAID Management, International Operations, and Bilateral International Development
Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Oversight, Agency Action, Federal Rights and Federal Courts
- Member, Subcommittee on Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Member, Subcommittee on Privacy, Technology and the Law
- Member, Subcommittee on the Constitution
- Senate Select Committee on Ethics
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Coons sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Coons’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3368: ASPIRE Act
- S.Res. 552: A resolution commemorating the fifteenth anniversary of NATO’s invocation of Article V to ...
- S.Res. 540: A resolution commending the officers of the Commissioned Corps of the Public Health ...
- S. 2889: American Innovators and Entrepreneurs Act
- S. 2800: Stop Taxing Death and Disability Act
- S. 2779: Manufacturing Extension Partnership Improvement Act of 2016
- S. 2751: Support Startup Businesses Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Nov 2010 to Sep 2016, Coons missed 33 of 1,684 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: