New: 2013 Report CardRead our new 2013 Report Card for Coons »
Coons is a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship. Coons’s bills have had a total of 87 cosponsors in the 113th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Coons to other members of the Senate on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Chris Coons sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on African Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- Member, Subcommittee on International Operations and Organizations, Human Rights, Democracy, and Global Women's Issues
- Member, Subcommittee on Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Senate Committee on the Budget
Some of Coons’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 374: A resolution designating March 3, 2014, as “World Wildlife Day”.
- S.Res. 375: A resolution concerning the crisis in the Central African Republic and supporting United ...
- S. 2052: Weatherization Enhancement and Local Energy Efficiency Investment and Accountability Act
- S. 1973: America Implementing New National Opportunities To Vigorously Accelerate Technology, Energy, and Science Act
- S.Res. 329: A resolution expressing support for the goals and ideals of the biennial USA ...
- S. 1799: Victims of Child Abuse Act Reauthorization Act of 2013
- S.Res. 314: A resolution commemorating and supporting the goals of World AIDS Day.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Nov 2010 to Mar 2014, Coons missed 6 of 894 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 1.8% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Amendment Agreed to 93/6
Sen. Coons [D-DE]: YeaMar 12, 2014 2:57 p.m.
Nomination Confirmed 60/37
Sen. Coons [D-DE]: YeaMar 12, 2014 11:52 a.m.
Nomination Confirmed 98/0
Sen. Coons [D-DE]: YeaMar 12, 2014 11:34 a.m.