Jacobs is the representative for New York’s 27th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jul 21, 2020. Jacobs is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Jacobs.
Chris Jacobs sits on the following committees:
Jacobs sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Jacobs’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2625: To amend title 40, United States Code, to include Wyoming County in the ...
- H.R. 1571: Dairy H–2A Eligibility Act
- H.R. 1300: Infrastructure Expansion Act of 2021
- H.R. 1138: Preventing SBA Assistance from Going to China Act
- H.R. 8666 (116th): No Small Business Aid for China Act
- H.R. 8222 (116th): Infrastructure Expansion Act of 2020
From Jul 2020 to Apr 2021, Jacobs missed 4 of 243 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: