Our unique analysis of the bills Stewart has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Stewart is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Stewart for more statistics.
Chris Stewart sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Appropriations
House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense Intelligence and Overhead Architecture
- Member, Subcommittee on Emerging Threats
Stewart sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Stewart’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5458: Veterans TRICARE Choice Act
- H.R. 5135: Suppressor Export Act
- H.R. 4579: Utah Test and Training Range Encroachment Prevention and Temporary Closure Act
- H.Con.Res. 114: Expressing concern over the disappearance of David Sneddon, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 4446: Zika Response and Safety Act of 2016
- H.R. 4164: Regulatory Agency Demilitarization Act
- H.R. 3560: Southern Utah Open OHV Areas Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2016, Stewart missed 66 of 2,385 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 2 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: