Carney was the representative for Pennsylvania’s 10th congressional district as a Democrat. He served from 2007 to 2010.
Carney is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Carney sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 4, 2005 to Dec 21, 2010. See full analysis methodology.
Carney was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1209 (111th): Medal of Honor Commemorative Coin Act of 2009
- H.R. 3480 (110th): Let Our Veterans Rest in Peace Act of 2008
- H.R. 2765 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 44 North Main Street in Hughesville, Pennsylvania, as the “Master Sergeant Sean Michael Thomas Post ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Carney sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (25%) Government Operations and Politics (21%) Emergency Management (16%) Taxation (14%) Science, Technology, Communications (7%) Crime and Law Enforcement (7%) Law (5%) Health (5%)
Some of Carney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6319 (111th): To waive the annuity buyback requirement under the Federal Employees Retirement Service ...
- H.R. 5573 (111th): Homeland Security Grant Review Act
- H.R. 5528 (111th): To enhance the integrity of the United States against the threat of ...
- H.R. 5491 (111th): Caregiver Tax Relief Act of 2010
- H.Con.Res. 283 (111th): Honoring the 28th Infantry Division for serving and protecting the United States.
- H.R. 5385 (111th): Student Veteran Counseling Improvement Act
- H.Res. 1394 (111th): Recognizing and honoring the employees of the Department of Homeland Security who ...
|Carney’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Con.Res. 308 (111th): Providing for a conditional adjournment of the House of Representatives.
Jul 29, 2010. Passed 231/189.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
H.Res. 1525 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the bill (H.R. 1424) to amend section 712 of ...
Oct 3, 2008. Passed 223/205.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2010, Carney missed 214 of 3,531 roll call votes, which is 6.1%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: