Our unique analysis of the bills Dodd sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Dodd is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Dodd was the primary sponsor of 49 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 4036 (111th): A bill to clarify the National Credit Union Administration authority to make stabilization fund expenditures without borrowing from the Treasury.
- S. 3817 (111th): CAPTA Reauthorization Act of 2010
- S. 2961 (111th): Haiti Recovery Act
- S. 2799 (111th): Comprehensive Iran Sanctions, Accountability, and Divestment Act of 2009
- S. 1739 (111th): Daniel Pearl Freedom of the Press Act of 2009
- S. 1677 (111th): Defense Production Act Reauthorization of 2009
- S. 1533 (111th): Public Transportation Extension Act of 2009
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Dodd sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Dodd’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 4044 (111th): Combating Autism Reauthorization Act of 2010
- S. 4043 (111th): Garrett Lee Smith Memorial Act Reauthorization of 2010
- S. 4036 (111th): A bill to clarify the National Credit Union Administration authority to make ...
- S. 4027 (111th): Sober Truth on Preventing Underage Drinking Act
- S. 3968 (111th): Children’s Act of 2010
- S. 3897 (111th): National Commission on Children and Disasters Reauthorization Act of 2010
- S. 3907 (111th): Debbie Blanchard Access to Health Care for Individuals With Disabilities Act of ...
|Dodd’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4853 (111th): Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010
Dec 15, 2010. Motion Agreed to 81/19.
The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 (Pub.L. 111–312, H.R. 4853, 124 Stat. 3296, enacted December 17, 2010), also known as the 2010 Tax Relief Act, was passed by the United States Congress on December 16, 2010, and signed into ...
H.R. 2206 (110th): U.S. Troop Readiness, Veterans’ Care, Katrina Recovery, and Iraq Accountability Appropriations Act, 2007
May 24, 2007. Motion Agreed to 80/14.
The U.S. Troop Readiness, Veterans' Care, Katrina Recovery, and Iraq Accountability Appropriations Act, 2007, (Pub.L. 110–28, 121 Stat. 112, enacted May 25, 2007), is an emergency appropriations act passed by the 110th United States Congress that provides funding for the Iraq War through September 30, ...
On the Nomination PN177: Gen. George W. Casey, Jr., in the Army, to be General
Feb 8, 2007. Nomination Confirmed 83/14.
From Jan 1981 to Dec 2010, Dodd missed 650 of 10,588 roll call votes, which is 6.1%. This is much worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Congressional Pictorial Directory for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills