Our unique analysis of the bills Gibson has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Gibson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Gibson for more statistics.
Christopher Gibson sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Armed Services
- House Committee on Small Business
Gibson sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (32%) Health (17%) Taxation (12%) Education (10%) Agriculture and Food (7%) Science, Technology, Communications (7%) Immigration (7%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (7%)
Some of Gibson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5689: Disability Integration Act of 2016
- H.Res. 816: Expressing support for the designation of August 16, 2016, as “National Airborne Day”.
- H.R. 5536: To direct the Secretary of the department in which the Coast Guard is ...
- H.R. 4961: Federal Disaster Notification and Payment Protection Act of 2016
- H.R. 4896: Dairy MILC Act of 2016
- H.R. 4587: Small Business Broadband and Emerging Information Technology Enhancement Act of 2015
- H.R. 4534: POSTURE Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Jul 2016, Gibson missed 34 of 3,991 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 4 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: