2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Gibson »
Our unique analysis of the bills Gibson has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Gibson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Christopher Gibson sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Armed Services
- House Committee on Small Business
Gibson sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (30%) Health (18%) Taxation (13%) Education (10%) Agriculture and Food (8%) Science, Technology, Communications (8%) Immigration (8%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%)
Some of Gibson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4961: To amend the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act to ...
- H.R. 4896: Dairy Margin Insurance Location Calculation Act of 2016
- H.R. 4587: Small Business Broadband and Emerging Information Technology Enhancement Act of 2015
- H.R. 4534: POSTURE Act
- H.R. 4434: To extend the deadline for commencement of construction of a hydroelectric project.
- H.R. 4200: Military Family Stability Act of 2015
- H.R. 4158: Restoring Investment in ATB Student Education Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Apr 2016, Gibson missed 32 of 3,692 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 4 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: