Lee, a Republican, was the representative for New York’s 26th congressional district from 2009 to 2011.
Lee is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Lee sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Lee was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 1595 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3245 Latta Road in Rochester, New York, as the “Brian K. Schramm Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Lee sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Lee’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 292 (112th): Stop the OverPrinting (STOP) Act
- H.R. 6046 (111th): To require the GAO to evaluate the propriety of assistance provided to ...
- H.R. 5960 (111th): PASS Act of 2010
- H.Res. 1534 (111th): Honoring Special Agent William G. Clark of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, ...
- H.R. 4640 (111th): To amend title 44, United States Code, to eliminate the mandatory printing ...
- H.Res. 1039 (111th): Supporting the goals and ideals of American Heart Month and National Wear ...
- H.Con.Res. 232 (111th): Expressing the sense of Congress that a site in Arlington National Cemetery ...
|Lee’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 989 (111th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the United States should adopt national policies and ...
Jun 9, 2010. Failed 241/170.
H.Res. 317 (111th): Recognizing the region from Manhattan, Kansas, to Columbia, Missouri, as the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor, and ...
Sep 15, 2009. Passed 312/108.
H.R. 2965 (111th): Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Repeal Act of 2010
Jul 8, 2009. Passed 386/41.
The Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal Act of 2010 (H.R. 2965, S. 4023) is a landmark United States federal statute enacted in December 2010 that established a process for ending the Don't ask, don't tell (DADT) policy (10 U.S.C. § 654), thus allowing gays, lesbians, ...
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
From Jan 2009 to Feb 2011, Lee missed 35 of 1,683 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Feb 2011. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: