2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Murphy »
Our unique analysis of the bills Murphy has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Murphy is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Christopher Murphy sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Near East, South Asia, Central Asia, and Counterterrorism
- Member, Subcommittee on Europe and Regional Security Cooperation
- Member, Subcommittee on State Department and USAID Management, International Operations, and Bilateral International Development
Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Member, Subcommittee on Primary Health and Retirement Security
Murphy sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (15%) Crime and Law Enforcement (15%) Taxation (13%) International Affairs (13%) Government Operations and Politics (12%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Health (10%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (10%)
Some of Murphy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2874: A bill to amend title XIX of the Social Security Act to protect ...
- S. 2810: Local Cheese Promotion and Dairy Support Act of 2016
- S.J.Res. 32: A joint resolution to provide limitations on the transfer of certain United States ...
- S. 2734: CLEAN UP Act
- S. 2721: Social Security Caregiver Credit Act of 2016
- S. 2575: Healthy Homes Tax Credit Act
- S. 2167: 21st Century Buy American Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Apr 2016, Murphy missed 7 of 1,061 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 31 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: