Hyde-Smith is the junior senator from Mississippi and is a Republican. She has served since Apr 9, 2018. Hyde-Smith is next up for reelection in 2018.
Cindy Hyde-Smith sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
Some of Hyde-Smith’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3135: Gun Owner Registration Information Protection Act
- S. 3098: A bill to amend title 5, United States Code, to clarify the sources ...
- S.Res. 522: A resolution designating the week of September 23 through September 29, 2018 as ...
- S. 2942: Migratory Bird Framework and Hunting Opportunities for Veterans Act
|Hyde-Smith’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6147: Interior, Environment, Financial Services, and General Government Appropriations Act, 2019
Aug 1, 2018. Bill Passed 92/6.
H.R. 6147 provides a total of $58.675 billion in total discretionary budget authority for agencies within the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act and the Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act. This includes $35.252 billion for the Department of the Interior, the Environmental ...
H.R. 2: Agriculture and Nutrition Act of 2018
Jun 28, 2018. Bill Passed 86/11.
See the Congressional Research Service's 122-page summary of the bill. * * * H.R. 2 amends and extends major programs for income support, food and nutrition, land conservation, trade promotion, rural development, research, forestry, horticulture, and other miscellaneous programs administered by the Department of Agriculture ...
From Apr 2018 to Aug 2018, Hyde-Smith missed 1 of 118 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: