Hyde-Smith is the junior senator from Mississippi and is a Republican. She has served since Apr 9, 2018. Hyde-Smith is next up for reelection in 2018.
Cindy Hyde-Smith sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
Some of Hyde-Smith’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 522: A resolution designating the week of September 23 through September 29, 2018 as ...
- S. 2942: Migratory Bird Framework and Hunting Opportunities for Veterans Act
|Hyde-Smith’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5515: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019
Jun 18, 2018. Bill Passed 85/10.
H.R. 5515 authorizes and prioritizes funding for the Department of Defense (DoD) and military activities and construction, and prescribes military personnel strengths for Fiscal Year 2019. The bill complies with the bipartisan budget agreement and authorizes $639.1 billion in base funding. Further, the bill authorizes ...
On the Nomination PN1411: Kurt D. Engelhardt, of Louisiana, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Fifth Circuit
May 9, 2018. Nomination Confirmed 62/34.
From Apr 2018 to Jun 2018, Hyde-Smith missed 0 of 63 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 1.5% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: