Our unique analysis of the bills Rodriguez sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Rodriguez is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Rodriguez was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3282 (111th): To direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to provide certain veterans with readjustment and mental health care services, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 7057 (110th): Military Personnel Citizenship Processing Act
- H.R. 5826 (110th): Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2008
- H.R. 2688 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 103 South Getty Street in Uvalde, Texas, as the “Dolph S. Briscoe, Jr. Post Office ...
- H.R. 4122 (108th): El Camino Real de los Tejas National Historic Trail Act of 2004
- H.R. 3843 (105th): To grant a Federal charter to the American GI Forum of the United States.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Rodriguez sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (31%) Government Operations and Politics (14%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (14%) Health (12%) Crime and Law Enforcement (9%) Labor and Employment (9%) Families (7%) Education (5%)
Some of Rodriguez’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1244 (111th): Recognizing the National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition for its now five-year effort ...
- H.R. 4719 (111th): To establish a Southwest Border Region Water Task Force.
- H.R. 4507 (111th): Cyber Security Domestic Preparedness Act
- H.R. 4438 (111th): San Antonio Missions National Historical Park Boundary Expansion Act of 2010
- H.R. 4166 (111th): Veterans Health Professionals Educational Assistance Act of 2009
- H.Res. 916 (111th): Recognizing the significant contributions of the Fort Sam Houston Memorial Services Detachment ...
- H.R. 3657 (111th): To amend title 38, United States Code, to provide for members of ...
|Rodriguez’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 317 (111th): Recognizing the region from Manhattan, Kansas, to Columbia, Missouri, as the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor, and ...
Sep 15, 2009. Passed 312/108.
H.R. 7321 (110th): Auto Industry Financing and Restructuring Act
Dec 10, 2008. Passed 237/170.
H.R. 1424 (110th): Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007
Oct 3, 2008. Passed 263/171.
This is the Senate's October 2008 Economic Stimulus Relief Bill. This bill was originally introduced in March 2007 and passed the House as the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008. In October 2008, it was co-opted as the so-called "vehicle" to pass the relief bill ...
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Apr 1997 to Dec 2010, Rodriguez missed 277 of 8,065 roll call votes, which is 3.4%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 5 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: